Thursday, June 30, 2011

An unfinished Thursday.

Wow, can you believe it's the end of June already?  I've been busy getting things together for the party on Sunday and you know what comes after a party?  Thank you cards :)  I don't have them finished yet, but I wanted to share with you my process for making my most favorite, one layer thank yous, which can also double as fabulous note cards!

I saw these on Amy Rohl's blog at least a year ago, maybe two years ago and just fell in love with them!  I have used the same layout but changed the border punch and main image depending on my needs at the time.  You ready?


I started out by trimming my main piece of cardstock, in this case pink, to 4 1/4 by 5 1/2.  Then I trimmed my white cardstock to 4 1/4 by 5 1/4.


Next, I punch the edges of all of the white cardstock.  Then I cut out all of the banners with my Cuttlebug.  Now before I had my Papertrey Ink Double Ended Banner Die, I would cut these with my trimmer.  I would only angle one end :)  I just lay everything out like this to get a rough idea of what it's going to look like.  I'm getting excited... 

I'll be back tomorrow to show you guys the finished project!  What are you working on right now?  Any mass production projects like this? 

Have a great Thursday and I'll see you tomorrow!  Thanks for coming by today!

4 comments:

  1. It is hard to believe that half the year is complete. It sure does go by quickly. Can't wait to see the final project. I need some quick go to thank you and note cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mass producing! Although nothing in the process right now. I feel very accomplished to look at a stack of cards or note cards versus just one sometimes. Can't wait to see how these turn out :0) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cant wait to see the finished product!!!

    i have been debating on whether or not to get those paper trey ink banner dies--they are just so cute! mmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. These colours are so pretty.
    I like to mass produce some projects as well. It feels like you get a lot accomplished.
    Looking forward to your finished cards :)

    ReplyDelete