Wednesday, June 29, 2011

CFC #8

Good morning!  How are you today?  I was able to make a card for Casual Fridays Challenge this week, click on the link for the details.  It was so much fun this week!  The challenge was to get edgy!  How fun is that?  I actually came up with the idea for this card while I was sitting in traffic.  I probably should have had my mind on the other cars, but summer means road construction on the highway here, which means a longer commute and that equals a mind wandering to crafting.  I can't help myself :)




This card makes me feel all happy and patriotic :)  especially with the upcoming holiday!
We're halfway through the week peeps!  Woo hoo!  Thanks for coming by today and I'll see you tomorrow! 

14 comments:

  1. oh wow this is wonderful and oh my golly I just made a card using that same punch and layering it-- mine doesn't have the bow though--- i love yours so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome. I love the layers. I can't believe the 4th is right around the corner. I used to get great ideas when I was in traffic too. I had to put a sketch book in the car so that when I was stopped I could get the idea on paper so I wouldn't forget! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card! I may have to borrow the idea. :) I know what you mean about the construction. It seems to have doubled my commute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that scallop and the color scheme, so bright and fresh and summery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nicely done love the scallops.. and the colors ... let freedom ring.. thanks for sharing.. i love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your use of scallop borders.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love this! Happy 4th of July to you and all! Greetings from Canada! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ADORABLE!!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    hugs
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me again! In answer to your question about my typewriter, I already found a place online and ordered and received 2 ribbons that fit my model. Should last me quite a while!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun card.
    Change the bow to red and the date to the first and hey it could be a Canada Day card ;)
    I seem to swear during the construction of our streets, lol.
    Or sing if the tunes are right :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So fun and patriotic - and the utter epitome of CAS! Love it! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card makes me feel happy and patriotic too! Fabulous!! Thanks for getting edgy with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete