Monday, February 25, 2013

Felt embellishment card.

Last week I worked on making a couple of embellishments.  I wanted to try out that Papertrey Ink felt I had ordered with my thin dies.  Guess what?  It worked!!

Here's my card :)


The felt is 100% wool, but super thin.  It's weird, but in a good way.  It sure did cut right through, one time, with my thin Papertrey die and Cuttlebug.  I used the A,B,C plates.  Awesome, right?  Wrong, because now I want more felt.  Haha!

Did you have a good weekend?  We spent the whole weekend celebrating Abie's birthday.  She has finally learned the art of stretching out the birthday.  Friday night we took her out to dinner, Saturday night was her friend sleepover and Sunday was her actual birthday when she got her gift from us. 

I picked up some gesso at Michael's this weekend and I'm going to post about it tomorrow!  Thanks for stopping in today.  I hope you have a wonderful Monday :)

11 comments:

  1. Awesome felt embellishments! I have avoided picking up the felt because I just can't decide what colors to get and that makes me want them all.....so none for me! LOL. But I sure love how they look, so maybe sometime I'll make a color choice and go with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, that card is gorgeous!!!! And so glad that Abie had an extended birthday. I mean shouldn't every girl have one....at least as long as we continue to admit that we are a year older. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Becky! Sounds like you had a great weekend, it's so nice to celebrate for an entire weekend...Abie must have felt special! Happy belated birthday to her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cheerful and happy! I love the layering and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Abie! That is so great that you got to celebrate all weekend long!!

    I love the colors on the card, and that you used felt! That is so so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We always stretch our birthdays out too! Love the felt on your card. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific idea. I love seeing new textures. My mom has been crocheting hearts and fowers for me to try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, I think I will ask my girls to see if I can stretch out Mother's day lol. will have to look out for that felt, have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card.
    That felt came out nice and crisp :)
    Good job at stretching out your birthday Abie ;)

    ReplyDelete