Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Long cards.

Good morning!  Let me ask you a question.  How do feel about long cards?  Every year we do the photo cards and every year I have a bunch of envelops leftover.  I save those envelopes :)  They are 8 1/4 x 4 1/4.  Every once in awhile I will have a need for a card that will fit in one of these envelopes.  I call them long cards, because, well, they're long.  8" x 4", that's pretty long compared to most of the cards I make.

My need for long cards this past weekend was to hold cash.  Cash fits really well in a long card :)


Here's the front of my long card.  I used October Afternoon papers and miscellany.  I attached that tag with my Tim Holtz tiny attacher.  I really resisted buying that thing, but you know what, I find myself reaching for it all the time!  Rather than stamping or die cutting Happy Birthday, I just grabbed a pen and wrote it out myself.  This card came together QUICK!  No frills for my 12 year old nephew :)


Here's a close up of the tag, and those cute little staples :)


On the inside, I laid my money down and, with a pencil, placed a hash mark on each side of the bill.  Then I used my Stampin' Up! Slit Punch to punch those slits.  The bill fits right in between the two.  I just had to remember to erase my hash marks :)  I took a picture of the card with the money in it, but I didn't know if it was illegal to post something like that on the Internet?  Is it?  I would hate for the Blogger police to come after me!  Haha!

Well, I hope you enjoy your Tuesday and thank you for stopping by today.  I'll see you tomorrow!

8 comments:

  1. what a cute card and love that it is a money holder too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have the Western Union tag and its a money holder!

    I wouldn't have thought about it being illegal to post picture of money, but I think you are right about that! That was some very smart thinking, the blogger police kind of scare me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I have tons of long envelopes, different colors even. I should make some long cards to go inside :o) Not sure about the legal take on posting photos of money, wouldn't think it would be :o) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea for the long envelopes! It looks wonderful, glad it was quick and easy. My son always used to say the outside did not matter, as long as there is money on the inside! Little stinker.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh...very clever idea, I love the map on the front and of course anyone would love an envelope with cash!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like long cards because they are perfect for money. Love how you did yours with the map.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, I like your hand writing, it is fancy and neat.
    My writing is very primary, big and round, lol.
    As for posting photos of money not sure about that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card awesome !!!! Great idea to think of the slits :-)

    ReplyDelete