Thursday, December 15, 2011

Feathery flower.

Good morning!!!!  I can't tell you how happy I am that it is ACTUALLY Thursday today, because yesterday when I woke up I THOUGHT it was Thursday and when I realized it was only Wednesday I was about to cry :)  So, it's officially weekend eve and I'm doing a little dance!  Yahoo!!!


Today I have a really fun project to share with you.  You know how I've made those felt flowers before?  The ones from the Tim Holtz Sizzix die, for Abie and Landry's hair?  Well, I made another one and this one is my new favorite!


I used two different colors of felt and alternated them.  After the first two flowers, I hot glued a coordinating feather in.  (I picked up a multi colored bag of feathers at Michael's)  I glued on the top two flowers and the sparkly rhinestones and then glued the whole piece to the hair clip.
 

On this one, I added two feathers!!


I think they turned out so fun!  Now Abie has taken these to a whole other level :)  She's been clipping them on her outfits and hats, not just wearing them in her hair.  How cute is that?  I actually made this one to clip onto a Christmas gift for a gift exchange this weekend.  Sort of two gifts in one!

We have volleyball tonight so it will be a late night for us, but fun.  Enjoy your Thursday and thanks for coming by today!  I'll see you back here tomorrow!

9 comments:

  1. Becky, these are beautiful! I love the color combo and the bling is the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are soooo cute!love that you added some bling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, I love this, the colors are great and the the feather is the perfect addition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those turned out so cute! Gotta love feathers :0) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors and the feathers!

    I told my co-workers about weekend eve at our Christmas lunch today. We are all very excited that it is finally (actually) Thursday! One of the girls here made the same mistake you did yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so pretty! I love the feathers. I'd put them on everything too - purse, computer bag, pin one to my coat. Hmmmm.....now I'm probably gonna have to go and pick up that die...... Happy weekend for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty ... All boys in my family ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your feathery flowers are beautiful.
    Sounds like your girls have style :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this felt flower, it's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete