Monday, July 25, 2011

My new favorite color.

Happy Monday all!  Can you believe it's the last Monday in July?  This summer has, sadly, flown by here.  In fact, we bought Abie's school supplies over the weekend...tear.  Enough about that though.  I want to talk about my new favorite color today.  It's a a light aqua or robin's egg blue.  I fell in love with in a few weeks ago and I just can't stop thinking about it. 


I would LOVE to paint our kitchen that color, but I think it might be a bit much.  Plus it would take a massive amount of effort on my part to Mike on board with it and I would rather use my energy for other, more crafty things at the moment ;)  Like the card I made, totally inspired by this color!



Now those labels are really cool.  I found them at Michael's on clearance for $1.49 and there were 12 in the package!  I'm thinking I might need some more, you know after using one realizing how much I loved it!  As for the sentiment, I heat embossed it with my favorite bright red Zing embossing powder on some old book paper.  Loving how that turned out too!  I was slightly afraid that the heat gun was going to catch that old paper on fire though.  Although I'm sure it wouldn't have been the first time Shakespeare was burned.  Haha.  I love the red and yellow paired up with this beautiful blue color.  I'm not sure there's any color that would look bad against this as it's backdrop.  What do you think?

Did you all have a nice weekend?  It was so HOT here on Saturday.  We cleaned the house up and then did some shopping, swam and then had a picnic/movie night.  On Sunday it was laundry and crafting.  Perfect!

I hope you have a wonderful day and thank you for coming by today.  See you tomorrow!

7 comments:

  1. oh this is so cute and your right that shade of blue is just way too pretty!

    i HATE it that this is the last week in july! i am getting sad already!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that color. It would look awesome in a kitchen, so bright and cheery. Cute card! I so need to go shopping with you. Can you believe I forgot to look in the clearance aisle AGAIN when I went to Michael's on Friday night. You find so many cute things!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that color! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice i love the card and you new favorite colors.. i need to get into some blue and shades of blue.. maybe i'm sxcrapbook some pictures this week in blues.... thanks for the inspiration...have a great day ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card & I agree that it's a totally yummy color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that shade of blue! It does go so well with the red and yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to cry about the end of July. Where has the summer gone :(

    Love your card. Your paper is a perfect match to the colour.
    i would have never thought of the paper on fire, lol. I would have burnt down the house ;)

    Oh you can take me to the Red Lobster any time my friend ;)

    ReplyDelete