Thursday, June 23, 2011

Birthday Invites

Thursday already?  Can you believe it?  I've been so busy that Landry's birthday has crept up on me!  Her actual birthday is on July 4th and we have lucked out the last few years and been able to have the party on the weekend.  This year we went back and forth about whether or not to have the party on the 4th or not.  Prior to Landry's birth :)  we would always have family over for the fourth that's why this has turned into such a discussion for us.  Anyway, we decided to have the party on Sunday, the third.  That way we can stay up late and any one who has to work on the fifth won't have to worry about it! 

My other decision I had to make was about color scheme.  I have made patriotic invites the last several years and this year I went a completely different direction.


I used my Birthday Bash cartridge and cut these at 7 1/4".  I layered the pink on top of the purple and added the white pom pom, marabou, and glittery 4 from Alphalicous.  On the back, I stamped all the details.  
Let me tell you what I learned about this project.  Marabou goes EVERYWHERE when you cut it!  I still have a huge mess to clean up!  :)

Have a great Thursday and I'll be back tomorrow with a little something I whipped up for a hostess gift.  Thanks for popping in today!

10 comments:

  1. ADORABLE! What a cute idea! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, these are super cute! I love the pom pom and the marabou! That is so fun. I guess that is the one bad thing about sharing your birthday with a holiday - it's hard to escape the colors or theme of the holiday. This is great that you made is special just for Landry.
    Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my golly how cute is that! so girly! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute! My niece would love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice i saw that and got a big smile on my face.. thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so adorable! I know what you mean about the maribou...I opened a craft drawer the other day and orange maribou flew everywhere. Obviously that drawer hadn't been opened in quite a while...the maribou was from a dance costume of DD's when she was about 8...she's now 18!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So adorable! Makes me want a girl :0) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cute. Love them.
    I have never used maribou, but it sure looks lovely on the invite :)

    ReplyDelete