Thursday, May 19, 2011

Inspired by a lunchbox!

Happy Thursday everyone!  So today's card was inspired by my lunchbox of all things.  My sister got me the coolest lunch bag from THIRTY ONE for Christmas last year and every day I sit at lunch and stare at the patterns and colors and think about what a great card it would make.  THIS is the pattern, but not the lunch bag.  Isn't it cool?  Here's my card:


I used my MME Gertie Girlie stamps and Versamagic Wheat ink on Dark Chocolate paper for the background.  Have I mentioned that this is my new favorite ink?  ;)  Then I trimmed out the flowers and flourishes with my Cricut using my Storybook cartridge.  That's my favorite too.  ;)  I stamped some text on the flourishes and layered the flowers off center to add a little something extra.  Then I popped the flowers up and added a sentiment!

I just love finding inspiration for cards and projects in every day things.  There is so much color and pattern around us.  Have you found inspiration any place cool or interesting lately?

I hope you have a great day today!  It's grocery store day for me :)  Thanks for stopping by and I'll talk to you later!!

10 comments:

  1. Hey, inspiration can come from ANYWHERE!! LOL! Wish you had a picture of your lunchbox tho. I'm loving the background you made of your card - very cool! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is soooo pretty! fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh I have that Gertie stamp! YAY for a great use of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pop of color the flowers bring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this!! I think I need a white ink pad. What a pretty lunch bag too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors. The card is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! I love to find inspiration in the things around me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card! It's funny how inspiration can come from anything!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nicely done :)
    You worked that pattern perfectly. don't you just love all the inspiration around you :)

    ReplyDelete