Thursday, March 10, 2011

PTI Make it Monday

Yes, I know it's Thursday and my post title says Make it Monday.  I have not lost it...yet.  I played along with a little challenge this week over at Nichole Heady's blog.  You can check it out HERE
The challenge was to distress your edges.  I had to play around a bit from what my original design was.  At first I was going to make a set of cards, but it just wasn't working for me.  So this is what I ended up coming up with...

 
I stamped each one of the rain boots with Versamark and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder.  Then I cut them out and DISTRESSED them with scissors :) I popped them up with pop dots and stamped my sentiment at the bottom.  I love the colors of this card, so fun and springy and very fitting with all the rain we've had around here lately.

Have a great Thursday and I'll see you tomorrow!  Thanks for coming by today!

16 comments:

  1. i LOVE this card--it is just way too cute. the colors on the black cardstock are awesome--great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS!!! My kind of card, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those boots and the distressed edge is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card - love the boot and the embossing looks great. And I love it when an image pops off the page...so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! I love the repeated elements. So cute. The techniques are fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this, the sentiment is great and the colors are fun, love the black background!! Great card Becky!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute card! Love the colors :0) Definitely spring like!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh that card is fab, the boots are very cute and the colours really pop!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, I love the distressed edges :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the boots and the colors with the gray card...so pretty and springy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those boots and that sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a neat card.
    I love the bright colours popping off the black paper. Most would put that sentiment with some high heels, love that you used rain boot with this. It put a smile on my face when I saw this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, love the colours and love the simplicity and fun of the boot! Congrats for a lovely card!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love, love, love this card. so cute!! the bright colors on the black are awesome. plus it's POURING here in seattle so i could use all those boots.

    ReplyDelete