Friday, March 11, 2011

Boy Birthdays

Here we are, another Friday already.  We're in for a beautiful day here.  Abie doesn't have school and luck Mike is staying home with the kiddos today.  I think there is a plan for some outdoor play later on :)  What lucky girls to have such a good dad.

Tomorrow is the family party for Abie and my two nephews so I thought I'd share the cards I made for the boys.  First up for Reid, who just turned 6 on Tuesday.

This fun little card will go on his package.  It measures 2 1/2 x 3 1/4.  The main little image came from a vintage golden book I picked up a few weeks ago at an antique store with my mom.  Isn't it fun?  I love that big red button too, another one from PTI.

Now for Jace, who just turned 11, I made a gift card holder.  I wasn't as happy with this one.  After I finished it, I realized I should have stamped the newsprint on ivory cardstock., but it is what it is :)

There you have it.  Two boy cards, for my two favorite boys!  After the party tomorrow, we have dinner at my parents on Sunday to celebrate my dad's birthday.  It's a busy weekend for us!  What do you have planned?

Thanks for stopping by today and I'll see you later!

7 comments:

  1. your cards are awesome! I like the the print on white--looks good!

    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think both boy cards turned out great! Sounds like you have a busy and fun weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards. I always have a hard time with boy cards -these 2 are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both of the cards! We are planning on taking my son to a movie this weekend. We haven't gone to one in months and it is so rainy and windy in Seattle that I doubt we will be able to do much outside....waiting for some warmer and drier weather! Have fun at the birthday celebrations! :) Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards! I love the vintage clip-art of the little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and holder! Sounds like a fun weekend ahead :0) We are going over to my Aunt and Uncles for a visit and then our usual family movie night :0) Have a great weekend! Hugs Schell

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun weekend for you:)
    Eat Cake :)
    I am planning on shopping till I drop, teehee.
    An Archiver's date would be a blast with you !!!

    Both "boys" cards are awesome, something I have trouble with.

    ReplyDelete