Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Middle of the week already!

How's you're week going?  I'm super excited that it's already Wednesday, this week is zooming right on by!  I had a great night last night, bought a new winter coat at Old Navy for the bargain price of $29.99, and Dish Network finally cut a deal with Fox so we got FX back and were able to watch Sons of Anarchy again.  We've either had to bum off the neighbors TV or watch it online, which really put a cramp in my neck!  I also got my pictures organized, I had all our photos printed out from the last year, so now I'm ready to get some more scrapbooking done.  All right, on to today's card...

I'm pretty excited to share this one with you.  A couple of months ago I was strolling through the dollar aisle at Michael's (because everything is so expensive there you have to either use a coupon or buy it in the dollar aisle, right Tracy?)  when I came across this really cool packing tape.  They had it in several different colors and patterns and I'm kicking myself now for not getting more of it.  I just now got around to making something with it.  It's not acid free so I'm not sure about using it on any layouts, what do you think?
That's the packing tape, there along the bottom portion of the card.  It's hot pink and way cool!  You can't really tell from the picture, but the tape is wrapped around a piece of black cardstock that is slightly smaller than the card base.  Then I popped that piece up with pop dots.
Here's a closer picture of the flower.  I cut out three flowers from my Plantin Schoolbook cartridge and two leaves.  Then stamped on some, embossed on others and crinkled one up.  I held them together with a brad.

That's it for me today!  Hope you have a great Wednesday!  Thanks for stopping in!

Stamps:  PTI:  Let Freedom Ring
Ink:  PTI:  Hawaiian Shores
Paper:  PTI:  Hawaiian Shores, Hobby Lobby:  Black
Other:  Cricuit Cartridge:  Plantin Schoolbook, Michael's:  packing tape, Target Dollar Spot:  brad

8 comments:

  1. This is a great card! I love that flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool card! That's a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun..I saw that tape at Mikes and wondered what I could do with it..but didn't buy it. Love the flower..I use Plantin Schoolbook to make my roses with as well. I have a tutorial on my blog if you'd like to take a peek.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the close-up and description of how you made the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Love the flower.
    Yup no coupon, no buying teehee.

    ReplyDelete