Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Good morning and happy hump day!!  This week is going by fast for me and I'm very happy about that!  Abie had her last volleyball practice, for club season, last night and her last tournament is this weekend!  Yay!!!

For our wedding, over 15 years ago, we got a four ingredient cookbook.  Every single recipe in this book has four ingredients.  I've only made a handful of them, but the one I make over and over is the chocolate chip cookie recipe on page I-100.  See, I make it so much I have the page number memorized.

The original recipe calls for:

1 box yellow cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
6 ounces chocolate chips

These are our favorite chocolate chip cookies and we literally wait by the oven until they come out so we can eat them.  They are so easy and we always have the ingredients on hand.

Over the years I've tried different flavored cake mixes; chocolate, white, etc. but I had the idea Sunday to use a Red Velvet cake mix and white chocolate chips!


1 box Red Velvet cake mix
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
6 ounces white chocolate chips (12 ounce bag pictured, save the other half bag for another batch!)


Mix cake mix, eggs and oil until moistened.  This works best with the help of a precious six year old :)


Stir in chocolate chips.  This works best with the help of a sweet 12 year old :)

Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.  I bake mine on parchment paper for easy removal.


I was able to get 28 cookies out of one cake mix.  Enjoy your cookies!!

Do you have a favorite cookie or dessert recipe that you always make for your family?

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!!  I'll be back Friday with a new card.

10 comments:

  1. yummmmmy!
    might have to try this recipe!!!
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look and sound delicious, not to mention easy! I am trying to be good so I am going to refrain from purchasing those 4 ingredients...otherwise all 28 may end up in my belly...not to mention on my rear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! I love how it only has four ingredients - that isn't too many at all!

    My favorite baking recipe is the Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies. You know, the one on the back of the bag. They are my brother and my dad's favorites, so every time I go home, I make a batch for them. But I try not to make them too often, or AJ and I will eat all 5 dozen ourselves, and that's not good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may have to borrow your 6 and 12 yr old so I can make these cookies, teehee.
    I am going to make these tomorrow, I think I have all the ingredients and they are my type of baking ;)
    My easiest recipe is impossible pie my yummiest is blue berry cheese cake ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy cookies. The girls did a good job of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look like the easiest cookies to make ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uh oh! I'll be making cookies all the time with this recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love cake mix cookies! I love to cook, but I'm not much of a baker. Dump a mix into a bowl. That is how I bake! :) These red velvet cookies look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete