Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Sparkly heart.

Do you ever have one of those nights that turns out differently than you hoped?  All the way home last night all I could think about was how I was going to work on some fun embellishments I had brewing in my head.  Then Abie informs me that her lizard's heat bulb had burned out.  She looked so worried about Larry, her lizard, that I couldn't wait for Mike to stop on his way home.  I needed some things from the store anyway, so off we went.  We didn't get home until 5:00 and by then it was time to fix dinner.  The point to this story, no fun embellishments were made :(  but Larry is warm and toasty.

Today I'm going to share a fun sparkly heart card that was quick to make.


I had envisioned the hearts with a red glitter, but when I started working on this, I realized I didn't have red, so pink it was!

Tonight is volleyball practice, so no fun embellishments will be made.  They will have to wait until tomorrow, hopefully :)  Have a lovely Tuesday and I'll see you tomorrow.  Thanks for the visit today, I appreciate it!!

12 comments:

  1. Simple, but really cute! I have days like that ALL THE TIME!!!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with simple, Becky. It can be extremely effective. And trying art journaling once isn't giving it a chance. Think of it as a place to experiment. The outcome doesn't matter. It could really add to your work with cards. Look on youtube for vids. It really helped me to learn some different approaches.
    Blessings, Coleen in Ukraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. And thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. I so appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love the sparkles!

    I'm sorry your night didn't turn out as you hoped, but at least Larry is warm and toasty! And I'm sure Abie feels very relieved too :)

    I hope you are able to make some embellishments soon. Enjoy volleyball tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! My nights never turn out as planned - but thankfully Larry is warm & toasty! Card is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card...and your daughter is happy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet and simple. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did I miss this post.
    Love the card with the sparkly heart :)

    ReplyDelete