Monday, September 12, 2011

A twist on the traditional birthday card.

A happy Monday morning to you all!  Did you have a fabulous weekend?  I have to say that my Sunday went just as I planned.  After handling all my morning business; laundry, dishes, Michael's etc. I headed down to the basement.  I had been planning this all week, if you remember.  I couldn't believe that I was actually down there, before 4:00 PM!  Haha.  I cleaned and organized for about two hours and it felt so good.  I got new stamps indexed in my ROLODEX, I rearranged my desk and got the girls area cleaned up too!  Then I got to create!

This year, instead of making Mike a traditional birthday card, I made him a grateful for you card.  I listed on the front of the card just a few of the reasons why I'm grateful for him and then on the inside a wrote a bunch of mushy stuff, which I'll spare you all from reading ;)



I had this card pictured in my head for quite awhile so it came together really quickly for me.  Love when that happens :)

Did you get to craft this weekend?  Do you find that you have more time to craft in the fall/winter or is it the opposite for you?  I seem to get more done in the cooler weather months because we spend more time inside.  I'm happy and sad about this :) :(  Haha.

Abie starts tennis back up again tonight.  She is thrilled that the doctor gave her the okay last week.  Her bone is completely back to normal now.  It's also Papa John's night for the school so mom is thrilled about that, I don't have to cook!  I hope you have a magnificent Monday my friends!  Thanks for stopping by today!

15 comments:

  1. what an awesome card! I love it going to have to keep this idea for jeff for next year!

    glad you had a wonderful and crafty weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice what a great idea/... thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great idea for a card! :)
    And your Sunday was very productive! I love when I can get a nice good chunk of time to work in my space :)
    I did get a little crafting time this weekend and actually finished a layout and started another :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card! That's a great idea. And that it came together so quickly? Bonus! Glad you got in some crafting time. That's my favorite way to end and start the week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! I am glad you had time this weekend to create. We were sick all weekend, so not much was accomplished.

    I also get more done in the fall/winter months. I think it is because we tend to slow down more at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the little note papers! Plus the clothespin ties it all in perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card and the little note papers you created... Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a wonderful card and great ideal. Happy B-Day to your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the card and the thoughtfulness behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a brilliant card and your handwriting is beautiful! I am sure you husband will love this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea! I'm loving this idea, might have to borrow it for my parent's upcoming anniversary. No crafting for me this weekend. :( Hopefully I'll get some in tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the idea of this card, and it came out so beautifully! The little clothespin is the perfect embellishment!

    I did get some crafting in this weekend (I'm going to post as soon as my pictures finish uploading!) and I plan to get even more done tonight - I never thought I'd be so excited for football! My boyfriend kept apologizing for getting wrapped up in the game, and I was like, No, watch it! I'm scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet card for your hubby.

    I seem to craft more in the colder months as we don't go to camp in the winter, so I start up my Friday Night Scrapbooking nights again.
    I have a couple friends who have been itching to get started :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. that's such a treasure of a card. love those heartfelt sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a great card. I love when you can personalize a card like that!

    ReplyDelete