Monday, June 13, 2011

Banner Week!

Good morning everyone!  It's banner week here at the blog :)  Last week my friend/neighbor, neighbor/friend Leah asked me to make some banners for her upcoming wedding.  I thought I would share my banner making process with you this week.

I started by sketching out the three banners and making a list of ingredients BEFORE I went shopping.  That way I only bought what I needed.  Then I used scrap paper to make test cuts with my Cricut, so I wouldn't wasted my bee-u-tee-ful new paper once I started cutting. 

Here's a peek at my work space during my cutting spree!


It was a mess!  Isn't it great :)

I cut out all three banners and their mats along with all the letters and their mats.  This way, all of my cutting was done and I could clean up my area and assemble.

Here's a pic of the three different shapes for the three different banners.


This banner will say DRINKS


This banner will say GIFTS


And this banner will say Mr. & Mrs.

Stay tuned, tomorrow I'll have some more banner fun for you!

Did you all have a nice weekend?  We had beautiful weather here on Saturday and spent the whole day outside, on into the night with the neighbors.  The kids were running around playing, chasing lightening bugs and it's just one of the many reasons I love our neighborhood.  Sunday was spent on the motorcycle, crafting, doing laundry and relaxing a bit.  It was a wonderful weekend and I needed it to be because I have quite the week coming up this week!

I hope you have a wonderful Monday and I'll see you tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. It looks like it is going to turn out great! I pulled out my cricut to make a title page for my niece and nephews scrapbook and ended up having to cut things twice because I didn't get the pressure right. Good idea to try on scraps first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So smart to do a trial run before cutting into the good stuff! My sister made me a banner for my 50th birthday using her Cricut, it turned out great! Hope we get to see the finished banners...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good shopping girl you are!!! Can't wait to see the finished banners!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This like lots of fun! Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great so far. I love to do assembly line crafting like this too - cut all at once, glue down all at once, embellish all at once. Great idea. Can't wait to see the finished product! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh these look great already. Can't wait to see the finished banners.
    What cartridge is this.
    Your Sunday sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete