Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Buttons, buttons and more buttons!

Inspiration can come from the best places sometimes.  I know I've talked about how I get my inspiration from magazines before and have posted about it HERE and HERE.  For today's card I was flipping through Martha Stewart Living and came across an ad of all things and was instantly inspired. 
I used all PTI buttons this time in Enchanted Evening, Spring Rain and Blueberry Sky.  After I had my buttons attached with glue dots, I stamped my sentiment with CTMH White Daisy ink on Enchanted Evening card stock and adhered it to the card with dimensional foam.  It was really hard for me to not round the corners of this card, I've been rounding all my corners lately :)  Do you do that?  Get on certain kicks with certain techniques or tools?

My Papertrey order came last night and we were so busy I didn't have a chance to play with it, just look at it.  Isn't that the WORST?  Ha!  Maybe tonight. 

Have a great Tuesday friends and thanks for coming by today!

7 comments:

  1. very very cute! i so love their buttons!

    my order came last night too! i placed all my stamps in the cd cas but i didnt get to play with them--bummer--maybe later in the week! i also bought some of their dies to make my own journaling tabs with the coordinating stamps--i can't wait to play wit this! you are such a bad influence on me-hehehehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! I love buttons but never would have thought to do this. I will have to give it a try. I have been having a terrible time with my glue dots losing stickiness and the embellishments popping off. I am wondering if they are too old and lost their stickiness?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very fun button card! :) Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your design with all those beautiful blue buttons. I love when I get inspired by random things for cards and scrapbook pages. And to answer your question yes I get stuck on certain techniques and tools. Like right now I am into inking everything I can get my hands on. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card. I love to find inspiration in things you would not think of.
    My technique I always use is inking. Actually my post today was going to be "To ink or not to ink" lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's pretty cool, I have a ton of buttons I hardly use! Great inspiration :0)

    ReplyDelete