Monday, January 3, 2011

Have girls, have headbands...

Good morning!  Here we are, the first Monday of the New Year, a completely clean slate and a time to start fresh.  As I said in my last post, I have such a great feeling about 2011.  2010 was an awesome year for Mike, the girls and me, but I just have a feeling that 2011 will be even better.  Not just for our little family though, for all of us.  Whether you make resolutions or not, I always feel like the new year is a time to clean up, get organized, get a fresh start.  Maybe it's because we take down the Christmas decorations and rearrange the furniture or maybe it's because Target has the closet maid stuff on sale.  Whatever the reason, it's a good feeling! 

In honor of cleaning up, I got a couple of little projects completed over the weekend.  These are things I've made before, but I needed to make more, just in different colors.  :-)  When you have girls, you have lots of hair accessories and they can get expensive, so I try to make them whenever I can.  Landry loves to wear headbands and I made her several of these flower headbands over the summer.  She broke her white one a few months ago and I've been meaning to make her another one for awhile now.  I've had all the stuff, just haven't gotten around to it.  Do you all do that?  I feel like I do that way to much!
I buy the big flowers at Hobby Lobby and cut them off the stems.  Then I hot glue all the layers together.  After that I hot glue the flower to the headband, like pictured above.
Then, just trim a small rectangle of felt and hot glue it perpendicular to the headband for stability.
Can you tell Landry LOVES her headbands?  We thought Abie was a girly girl at this age, but Landry has her beat by a long shot!
That's it, super easy and so much cheaper than buying them at the store!  Oh yeah, and it's another project off my shelf!  Woo hoo!

Do you have any resolutions for the new year or are you like me and you just like the feeling of a fresh start and getting things cleaned up?  Thanks so much for coming by today.  I can't tell you how much I appreciate each and every comment I receive.  It makes me smile and feel so good when I read them.  Your comments are what encourage me to keep going here!  THANK YOU!!!!  Have an awesome first Monday of the first month of the new year!

8 comments:

  1. OM Golly she is so cute! love the headband!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! I think my 2 girls will love it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable (both you daughter and the headband).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky, these are so cute! I'd wear headbands too if they didn't cause me headaches.... Oh well! No resolutions for me, but I do love the feeling of a new year. I have hope that this is going to be a great year too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. really cute - and so easy, much cheaper too than buying them. Plus you can make them how you like them!!

    Tammy above me - I know what you mean about headaches but it all depends on the headband - I buy mine at the dollar store LOL - and some are quite loose but still ok to hold your hair back, then I don't get the headaches!! Some tho - holy crap they should be torture devices, so tight - headacheville!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute is that! And she looks happy to be modeling it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So adorable, not only the headband but your little one.
    I made alot of hair accessories for my girls when they were yound too.

    ReplyDelete