Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Dots

Morning!  So we get home yesterday afternoon and I'm getting the girls a snack.  Landry wants an apple and Abie wants popcorn.  Abie asked if she could have a piece of Halloween candy while she waited for her popcorn, sure I say.  She picked out dots.  I was standing at the sink and she yells, "MY TOOTH CAME OUT!"  I turn around she's standing there with her molar in her hand, covered in blood, looking like a vampire.  I didn't even know she had a loose tooth, she's old enough now she's lost most of her baby teeth and the dentist told us third grade wasn't a big tooth losing year.  She then tells me that this tooth has been loose for a month, some mom I am.  Anyway, the moral of this story is, if you need to get your kids tooth out, have them eat some dots!  Who knew?

Last week one of my friends had a birthday and I made this card for her.  I thought it was a good fall like color scheme for a November birthday.  I had a lot of fun making this one!
I took this up close pic so you could see 1) the ultra cool black embossing and 2) the wood grain pattern on the red paper.

I'm off to work now...have an awesome day and thanks for stopping in!

Stamps:  PTI, Unity Stamp Co
Ink:  PTI, Versamagic
Paper:  PTI
Other: Black embossing powder, Black lace from Archiver's , black thread

11 comments:

  1. great birthday card! i am sure your friend LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, perfect for a fall birthday.
    Teehee about the tooth. I know how you feel. My girls are very open with me so I thought I knew everything about them. Then every once in a while they tell me something about when they were younger that I knew nothing about :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ultra cool black embossing! :) Fun card. My Mom still gets upset when she find out things I did 20 years that she knew nothing about. And there's still more that she'll never know...... LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Love the fall colors you chose. Check out my blog for an award I gave you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, love the black lace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors on that card, especially with that bold shot of b lack ribbon! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved it when my kids pulled out their own tooth, or it just came out with eating...saved me from having to do it for them! Cute card, the colors are great and I love the black embossing.

    btw..I'm rarely without a diet coke!! ;) that and chocolate...my very worst vices. (sigh) I have a love/hate relationship with both of them. Sometimes I think I need intervention! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful card - the embossing and stitching are great! Hope your friend appreciated your efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh noes! i am scared to death of my son loosing his teeth like this! well at all. blood totally gets to me!!!!!

    love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a nice card. Love the ribbon you used.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the card! I love the sewing and the layers and the embosses stylized flower! great job! Love the tooth story!

    ReplyDelete