Monday, December 9, 2013

Favorite Christmas/holiday hostess gift.

Hey there friends!  Did you have a nice weekend?  We had a busy Saturday, picked out carpet for the basement, met friends for lunch, went to an ugly sweater/house warming party and then when we came home, I put on comfy clothes, fixed a cappuccino and relaxed on the couch.  It was wonderful!

We usually take the girls to lunch/dinner every year and to a Christmas movie, but this year we asked them if they wanted to do that and they both said they would rather get pizza and watch a movie at home :)  (I have to say I LOVE that they would rather do that than go out)  So we did that Saturday night.  On Sunday, we woke up to softest of snows.  It snowed almost all morning long, into the early afternoon, but didn't amount to much.  It accumulated on the streets, but not on the grass.  What?  Landry kept wanting to go make snow angels in the driveway :)

So today I want to share with you my favorite, and very quick, hostess gift for the holidays.  Wine.  Ha!


This year I picked out a couple of pre-made 3x4 cards and then decorated them up a bit, with my Michael's stamp, of course, and one of my stick pins.  Oh and some baker's twine, can't forget the baker's twine!


I used my trusty "for a gracious hostess" stamp.  I love that sentiment!


Here's a close up of the other tag.

You could also make this for sparkling cider if you have a host/hostess that doesn't partake in wine!!  :)

I love how easy and quick these are.  You could whip one up right before you head out to the party in fact!  Just don't forget it :)

Thanks for stopping by on this Monday.  I hope it's a great one for you.  Only two more weeks until Christmas!  Are you ready?  I'll be back later in the week.  See you then!

9 comments:

  1. the hostess stamp is a great one to have! sounds like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tags turned out great and I love that stamp....everyone should have it on hand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect!! Your weekend sounds like it was so nice!! The hostess gift tag makes the wine that much more special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome tags for your gift!
    I love that sentiment stamp!

    We had a little snow, sleet and ice off and on throughout the weekend. But not a lot of accumulation here either. But Erin was seriously trying to make snow angels, too. And Evan tried to make a snow fort! He was scraping snow from neighbors yards (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wine is perfect. Great tags. It sounds like you had a great weekend. I love weekends at home, especially when it involves pizza. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tags look great on these bottles :)
    I love that Hostess stamp you have :)
    Best night spent with family in my opinion is in the warmth of your home, curled up with a good movie and some treats ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is an awesome hostess stamp! And a perfect hostess gift!

    The snow on the street but not the grass is totally weird! I wonder why that happened. The streets must have been colder than the grass...but I wonder why?

    I really like your lunch + movie tradition - and I like the idea of having the tradition in your own house even more! Home is always so much more relaxing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun wine tags! Snow for you? Sounds like a big swath of the country got hit with it. I love that tradition of the holiday movie. But definitely a bonus to get to do it at home. I watch Elf and While You Were Sleeping and Serendipity and a few other every year, usually the weekend before Christmas. Love the holiday movies! :)

    ReplyDelete