Monday, June 11, 2012

Back from Vacation!

Good morning everyone!  We're back from vacation and it was fantastic!  It was a whirlwind, but so so much fun!  I want to share a few pictures with you today of our trip and then I promise I'll be back to normal crafty business tomorrow :)


We took the girls to Disney World in Orlando, Florida this year.  It's been our plan for several years to take them when they were this age.  1) because Abie is so old she's completely annoyed with us yet and 2) Landry is old enough that she'll get something out of it.  Mike had been to Disneyland in California, but I had never been to either, so when I walked down Main Street for the first time and saw the castle, it was pretty cool :)


We rode a lot of rides!  I think the longest we waited was 30 minutes.  The look of sheer joy on the girls faces was something we experiences all week long :)


This picture is for Tracy :)  This was taken at Epcot, in their version of Canada.  Ha!  In each of the countries represented in Epcot they have people working from those countries.  We were talking to one of the girls from Canada and she said they come to Disney and work for either a year or two, I can't remember, and live in one of two complexes.  So when you visit Germany, at Epcot, the guy ringing you up, is really from Germany.  Huh.


This picture was taken at Hollywood Studios.  Abie has never been much of a thrill seeker, but she really spread her wings on this trip. Starting with this ride!  We were so  proud of her that she wanted to ride the rides, then that way Mike and I had someone to ride with too :)


We saw lots and lots of fireworks.  Which was awesome.  You can tell Landry is a 4th of July baby, the noise didn't even phase her :) 


The girls got to meet lots of characters!


Before we knew it our week was over and it was time to head home.  But we had one more surprise up our sleeve for the girls.  They had never been to the beach before.  We drove about an hour from Orlando and spent some time on the beach.  When we saw the looks on their faces the first time they saw the ocean and then the first time they stepped on the sand and in the water, it was something I'll never forget.


By Saturday, we were all ready to get back home.  When we saw the arch, we were all excited to be back in Missouri, but we still had a three hour drive to Kansas City.  We made it safe, started laundry and got everything unpacked.  Now it's back to our normal life, but we have some AWESOME memories to hold onto.

Hope you have a great Monday and thanks for stopping by today :)  See you tomorrow!!

10 comments:

  1. Yay! So excited you are back.
    And so glad you had a great trip!
    You have so many great photos so far.
    And I love the last one, a familiar sight for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't Disney World fantastic? I can't wait to go back again! Glad you all had loads of fun and made it safe :o) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh..love your Disney pics! Our family went to Disneyland last month and it's so fun! I rode the tower of terror....and wanted to die!!! I survived though, I guess that's an accomplishment!

    Love your pics and esp the one of your girls with Cinderella!!

    PS.. Men In Black 3= GOOD!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your vacation pictures! It looks like you had an amazing time. Congrats to Abie on the Tower of Terror, that is awesome! I wouldn't go on it until I went to Disney a second time at 16 and I freaked out the entire time!!

    That was really cool about the Epcot places, I didn't know they employed people from the countries they represented. Although now that I think of it, I wouldn't expect anything less from Disney!

    The photo on the beach is amazing. Its wonderful that you all have the memory of the girls' first time at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am looking at your photos with such a big smile on my face. I am so happy that your family had such an awesome time.
    So cool that everyone working in those areas are from that country. Oh yes and all Canadians wear kilts, lol. Did they say "eh" and the end of their sentences, I actually do :)
    As great as it is to go on vacation, it is just as nice coming back home.
    One day Wayne and I will go to Disney.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah - glad you guys had such a good time. I know the weather didn't cooperate much. Our blue skies are back but I know you didn't see them much last week. It's so unusual to get so much rain in June like this. Thunderstorms and rain in the afternoon is normal but rain off and on all day? So not normal. But being at the parks makes you forget all of that and you just focus on the fun. So cool that you took the girls to the beach too. There's just nothing like walking in the sand, watching the water and listening to waves. Looks like you made some great memories! I hope we'll be seeing more photos and a mini album??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pictures. I'm glad you got to take them to the beach-there's nothing like it! I've only been to the ocean on the west coast, but it's one of the things I miss most about living in California. Not much beach in Indiana (and Indiana Beach doesn't count-not even a little).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had a great trip! I live in FL and take the beach for granted...so glad your daughters got to experience the beach. Your photos are great and your daughters are beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun trip! Adorable photos. The girls look so excited.

    ReplyDelete