Thursday, May 31, 2012

Vacation Mini Part I

Talk about just making the deadline!  We're getting ready to leave on vacation and I just finished last years vacation album!  The sad thing is, I started the album last summer.  I was trying to do the album without having the photos and I just can't scrapbook that way.  I'm really motivated by my pictures.  Not necessarily by the colors, but by the sizes and and such. 

Anyway, I'm going to share this album in two posts because I took a lot of pictures.


This is the cover of my album, which I shared last summer when I started it :)


Here's a view of the album from the side.  The front and back cover are black chipboard and the inside pages are pieces of October Afternoon patterned paper adhered together.


I took long skinny manila envelopes, that open from the top, and covered the front and back.  This is a picture of the front.


This is a picture of the back.


This is my attempt at a picture of the inside of the envelope.  I used it to keep maps, brochures and journaling.  (Do you see the recipe card Tracy???)


Here's a full sized page, 6x8.  I kept these pretty simple.  Good grief, I have no idea why this took me so long!  :)


The back side...


Here's another skinny envelope.  I like this one because of the twine.  No journaling, because it's hidden in the envelope :)

Okay, that's it for part I.  Hope you enjoyed and will be back tomorrow for part II.  We had a busy night last night and are in for a busy day today.  Mike is headed to Chicago and will be driving his work car back today and Abie has two volleyball games tonight.  Thanks for coming by today and I'll see you tomorrow.  Have a great Thursday!!

11 comments:

  1. So glad you posted!
    I have been wanting to see this!!
    It is such a great little mini.
    But I have to laugh when you said "what took so long?"
    That happens to me all of the time with a lot of my personal minis or albums.
    I had what was going to be a December Daily album in 2008, and it became just a "Christmas album" that I didn't finish until January of 2010!
    But I got it done and I guess that is what matters (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great mini! Love the pocket/envelope idea. I have an idea for a mini from our last trip to Disney in 2009 and I still have not created it yet. So many projects, so little time.... We'll probably do another Disney trip before I finish up with the last one. LOL You are not alone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your album is so cute! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the album! I am the same way, I cannot scrap without the pictures first. I love the album, the manila envelope is amazing! I can't wait to see the rest of it tomorrow. Have a great night, enjoy Abie's games!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on the album!!!Fabulous Album!TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job Becky! Looks awesome :o) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun little album! TFS and have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Becky, this is beautiful! You did an amazing job and love your choice of papers. Love it! :) Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this!! I'm on vacation right now in Destin, so this is great inspiration! Have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so proud of you...a mini and you used recipe cards, I am so giddy right now :)
    This is an awesome mini, I love that you showed it with the photos. Your family will treasure this.
    I so get your "what took so long". I feel that way about so many of my projects, either because it should have been done long ago, or I look at it and think, it doesn't look like it should have taken me as long as it did to complete, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great-and I'm so impressed. I started our 2004 vacation album and haven't even done a half dozen pages yet. I'm a little behind. :D

    ReplyDelete