Thursday, January 5, 2012

New camera and new case!

Happy weekend eve everyone!  I know it sounds bad, since I just got off Christmas break with the girls, but after two days back at work I am SO ready for the weekend!  Today we're having a sort of a lock in at work so everyone can do some much needed file maintenance.  The problem with this?  It's supposed to be 65 degrees today and would be the perfect day to be in the field instead of holed up in the office.  Isn't that the way it goes?  :)

Today I'm super excited to share with you my new point and shoot camera.  I wanted something tiny, that would fit in my purse and I could carry around with me so I wouldn't have to lug around my bigger camera.  Especially with working on Project Life and me trying to take more pictures this year and all :)  So after much research, and opinions from a few friends, I ended up with this little gal


Isn't she pretty?  KATIE had mentioned to me that one of the things she liked about her little camera was that it was pink and she always knew that one was hers, plus it was pretty :)  That made me happy and I kept that in mind when I was shopping.  A lot of the cameras out there were black or silver and this one stood out!


This camera is ti-ny!  Look behind it, that's a Momento ink pad!


Here's another shot, isn't that crazy?

Now this lady came with a case, but let's be honest, it was ugly, and big.  It almost tripled the size of the camera.  The whole point of getting this was to keep it small, right?  So I checked out Etsy and found some super cute cases, but I knew my fantastic sister could whip me up something.  Plus, I already had the fabric and the button.  Here's what Jennie made for me:


It's basically an envelope for my camera :)  She lined it and put some interfacing in between so it would be a little more stiff.  This is a picture with the camera inside.


Here's a picture without the camera...


And one with the lid open :)

So, there you have it.  My new little camera!  It did come in handy on Sunday.  I took some pics over at Mom and Dad's when I probably would have left my other camera at home :)

I hope you have an AWESOME Thursday!  We're back to volleyball tonight after a two week break.  Abie is excited :)  Thanks for coming by today and I'll see you tomorrow!

10 comments:

  1. I love that camera case! Your sister really needs to open an Etsy shop. :-) Do you think your sister can share a tutorial on how to make this case? It's adorable! And so is your camera! Have fun playing with your new toy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your new camera! And I second your sister opening an Etsy store. That little case is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the camera (and the color!) The case your sister made is absolutely adorable! I'm sorry you're stuck at work today, that is no fun at all, they should reschedule file maintenance day for a cold rainy yucky day. But, on the bright side, its already Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that camera! I'm in need of something small to keep with me at all times. My husbands thinks I'm crazy for wanting two, though. Men don't understand. :)

    What a nice case your sister made for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice little camera! Love the case too, nicer when knowing someone who can whip up something like that :0) I have an Aunt who is awesome for that stuff. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh your camera is so pretty :)
    I have the Cyber Sony. My first one I totally loved as it was red :)
    Then sadly it died and hubby bought me a new one, but it is black :(
    I did have a tiny cover for mine, but I never use it as I need to get to it quick, teehee.
    The case your sister made is so pretty, nice job Becky's sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That camera is super cute and I love the case! I have an older model Nikon Cool Pics and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ummmm...love that case! And that is a seriously tiny camera. Having just got my first DSLR, I kind of miss having a little camera. My little Kodak P&S just doesn't take very good photos.
    I loved my Nikon fancy P&S that I got before my DSLR.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the case and that the camera is pink!!!

    ReplyDelete