Friday, October 7, 2011

Freshly Made Sketches #5

Happy Friday everyone!  I'm playing along today with another super fun sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.  Here is this week's sketch:


And here's my take on the sketch:





When I first saw the sketch I knew I wanted to pop up the panel but then when I got in to making the card I completely forgot.  So I had to to a wee bit of surgery on my little card :)  She still turned out okay though!  I'm really enjoying these sketches.  I seem to work better when I have a starting point and these are just perfect for me!  Love it!

Do you have big plans for your weekend?  Mike and I are going out tonight with a couple of other couples.  It's fight night and the gym that sponsors the fights are dedicating the fights to my cousin and selling her "Jessica Fights Like a Girl" t-shirts to help pay some of her medical bills.  Since it's October/breast cancer awareness month.  Jessica won't be there because of all the germs and cigarette smoke but her husband is going.  The rest of the weekend is wide open!  I hope you enjoy yourself, have a fantastic day and I'll see you soon!  Thanks so much for coming by today :)

15 comments:

  1. love this becky!

    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wow factor of the big flower! And I am glad to hear that other people have to go in to fix a thing or two after they think they are all done :) Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!! Wow! That little yellow flower really sets the whole card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that big flower and sounds like a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the big flower! Enjoy your weekend, that is awesome that they are dedicating the fights to your cousin, I will be thinking of her (and my mom and my aunt and my other aunt and... well, let's just say Long Island is a huge cancer cluster) at the Breast Cancer walk next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card, you rocked this sketch.
    Pretty colours and I like the large flower as well as the tiny one.
    As for the weekend, I was planning to work all weekend on my mini albums, but plans have been changed :(
    It is our Thanksgiving on Monday, so prepping for that this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful card! I love the colors and your big flower is cool! I, too, love sketches and am happy to see you at Freshly Made Sketches!

    Jen Timko

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card! Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great weekend! I like your take on the sketch, it looks really great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous floral image ... big, bold and beautiful ... I love the contrast of the two flowers ... very cool!
    Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your paper-pieced flower is a fantastic focal point on your card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful, I love the colour combo and that gorgeous flower. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you did the flower on the DSP. Very pretty! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete