Tuesday, July 5, 2011

PDCC88

Happy Tuesday everyone!  Did you have a nice three day weekend?  (for those of you in the States)  We a lovely time with family and friends.  I realized yesterday just  how much my family means to me.  I have a small family, but one that is close and whose love is strong.  I know that no matter what we will always be there for one another and that is comforting in and of itself. 

Today I want to share with you a card I made for the Play Date Cafe's Challenge #88.  When I saw this picture, I thought, I got this no problem.  I thought of fun summer plates and place mats, beach tableware.  You know, that type of thing.  When I started on the card though, I had the hardest time.




My card measures 4x4 which is a size I love but seem to forget about on a regular basis.  I think because I don't have that size of envelope.  I went a bit crazy with the buttons, I just love them though!  Oh, and that ribbon!  Too fun I think!

I hope you have the happiest of Tuesdays.  I will be back tomorrow.  Thanks for checking in today :)

9 comments:

  1. love the card! i too love 4x4-such a fun little size!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 4x4 size - you'll have to come up with a template and make your own envelopes! I love the buttons and the ribbon. So fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun colors! LOVE the effect on the ribbon and all the buttons! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes the simplest CAS card is the hardest to make! I love how it turned out, with the cluster of buttons in the corner and the banner 'waving'. THanks for playing at The Cafe with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! Love the ribbons and the buttons. I am going to try a card with one of your flags this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this color combo and the beautiful simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great-looking card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty card. Love the bright summer colours.
    Would you believe I don't think I have ever used buttons on a card :o

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am amazed that you had buttons to match the colors - but I'm glad you do because I LOVE them! A great CAS card. Thanks for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete