Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A layout and a bit of shopping!

Good morning friends!  How are you today?  I hope the spring weather is finally hitting your area like it is ours.  On my way home yesterday afternoon it was 72 degrees (22c I know because I hit the button in my car to check for Tracy!)  Although it's a bit windy, it's just beautiful.  Blue skies, green grass and blooming trees.  It instantly puts you in a good mood.  I am reminded constantly of why I love my life.  Mike and I have had this conversation a lot in just the last week and we feel so lucky to be where we are to have made the choices we have.  Sure we have bad days now and then but everything we do is to spend time with each other and our girls.  This is a great life we live and we are lucky enough to realize you only get one.  We're trying to make the most of it!

Okay, enough blabbering on.  Yesterday I was able to make a trip to Archivers.  Yipee!  It felt so good to look around.  I haven't even been in a store for several weeks, since I issued my challenge to myself.  I went in with a 30% off coupon and two things on my list:  a Hero Arts flower stamp and 6x6 paper pads.  Here's what I ended up with:
KI Puffies, Daily Junque Twine, Basic Grey 6x6 Life of the Party paper pad, My Mind's Eye Gertie "Girly" Stamps, Hero Arts Stencil Flower Cling stamp, Crate Paper Emma's Shoppe 6x6 paper pad and Emma's Shoppe phrase stickers.

A couple of things.  I think it was a BAD idea to not shop for this long because I wanted to buy everything.  Or maybe it's because all the new stuff from CHA is out?  I try to be thrifty with my purchases and buy things that I can get a lot of mileage out of.  If I see something I think I can make, I don't buy it.  Like felt embellies, I can make a lot of those but these puffies I'm not so sure about.  Also, I saw some super cute butterfly stick pins, holy cow almost bought those, but then I thought wait, you can make those with your MS punch.  So I resisted. 

I finally put in another PTI order, hopefully will get a shipping notice tomorrow and I plan on going by Michael's today!  (in all fairness to me, they sent me an email saying they missed me.  I take that as a sign)

I have a very simple layout today.  I bought this paper just because I liked it, had no specific layout in mind.  This is something I have since learned NOT to do.  I have to purchase my paper with a layout in mind otherwise the paper sits and sits and sits.  For a year, like this piece did.  :)

Well, that's about it for me today.  I hope you enjoy your Wednesday.  I have a dentist appointment this morning and then am looking forward to my Michael's trip later on!  Thanks for stopping to visit with me!

4 comments:

  1. great layout!

    glad you had fun shopping. i so want the basic grey's life of the party so much. might get it this friday.

    we are supposed to hit the 60's today--can't wait to go outside this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, lots of fun goodies! I am sure Michael's missed you. I got an email from them as well and they were thrilled to see me and not just because I spent $40 on Sunday. I will be watching to see what you do with twine. I pick it up and put it back every time I am at the store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome goodies Becky! And the layout is adorable :0) Our weather isn't as good as yours just yet but, I think we are getting there...slowly! Hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhhh I am so jealous. Today it was about 7C. I thought it was pretty darn nice, but now that I see yours :(
    Ohh you found some nice goodies.
    I went to my LSS for some tape for my gun and came out with some nesties and a stamp...nothing $90.00 wouldn't cover, yikes.
    Your layout is so fun and bright :)
    I still have paper sitting around that I had a layout planned for, yup forgot now, lol.

    ReplyDelete