Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Why does everything look better in acrylic?

You know, you could put a rock in an acrylic box and it would suddenly look freaking adorable.  Why is that?  Every time I see a project on the Internet that involves some type of acrylic vessel I am drawn to it's crazy cuteness.  I needed something quick and easy for Landry's valentines and I found these boxes at the Dollar Tree.
They were in the aisle with all the baby shower stuff and yep, they were $1.  I cut the ribbons off, stuffed a snack size M&M bag inside and embellished the outside just a bit.
Poof!  Instant Valentine and instant cuteness!  The boxes measure about 2x2 and were really much sturdier than I thought.  A few of them had a bit of glue residue from the pink ribbon, but it scraped right off.
Here's a side view.  The paper I wrapped around the box measures 1" x 6 3/4".

That's it for me today!  Hope you have a fantabulous Wednesday!  Thanks for popping in.  I really REALLY am so grateful to all of you who stop by and leave comments.  It means so much to me.  :-)

10 comments:

  1. Oh, I'll have to remember that: Anything + Acrylic box = instant cuteness. Love this idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky...you clever girl!! Those are so dang cute, and I agree with the acrylic-cute thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so flippin adorable!!
    Do you think I can fit my hubby in an acrylic something, lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple and adorable, those are perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Becky...and you're right..about when it's right, it's right!!lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! I totally agree that acrylic makes anything rock! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never thought of that before, but you are so right! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete